Syvecs on JDM 4EAT Impreza WRX

jura11

Syvecs on JDM 4EAT Impreza WRX

Post by jura11 »

Hi guys i'm considering in near future Syvecs,but from i know about OE ECU i'm aware on JDM 4EAT WRX will not work properly,because TCU is wired to ECU(Torque control signal,Torque control cut signal,Load etc) and will be occurred unable to downshift,jerkiness etc.
And here is my question is possible create loom for 4EAT?Or will be work Syvecs on JDM 4EAT WRX without problem?

Thanks for any help...

Jura
pat
Syvecs Staff - Cleaner

Re: Syvecs on JDM 4EAT Impreza WRX

Post by pat »

Hiya Jura!

With regard to the Torque Request and Torque Grant signals between the ECU and TCU, we do not connect to them since the 4EAT 'box isn't strong enough to cope with power upgrades. On several occasions in the past I have mapped, both on OEM ECUs and after market, cars with slush boxes and invariably they seem to fail not long afterwards. Note that the after-market ECUs *could* have been blamed for this but the OEM ones did still obey the torque signals. With this in light, it was decided that the potential market was rather small, and those people that really wanted to run slush would do so with something uprated that would be capable of full power shifting (Rigoli transmission, PowerGlide etc).

That is not to say, though, that it isn't possible, it just means we didn't put PnP support in there. You can still move spare input and outputs around, there should be some available on your ECU. I'de need to have a finer look at the exact signalling between the ECU and TCU but I see no reason why we couldn't, for example, use the torque grant from the 'box to trigger a gear cut strategy.... so TCU tells ECU "reduce torque!" and we run the flat-shift strategy during the change. The only real gotcha is if there is actually a data wire between the two boxes, then I'de need to make an interface box to get the TCU to "talk" to the S6/S8.

Hope this helps,

Pat.
jura11

Re: Syvecs on JDM 4EAT Impreza WRX

Post by jura11 »

Hi Pat

Thanks for help and answer on my question.Gearbox will be uprated with stronger internals in coming month after mapping by Red Victor1(Penn Autos/Andy Frost) and after this will cope with power for which we are looking.
At moment we are run just 350bhp still hold the power without problem,but we are aware we need something uprated,due this we are booked at Penn Autos/Andy Frost.

About this inputs from TCU to ECU i'm glad will work..
These other infos i've sent to my mapper and garage where is my car and probably will be best if contact you directly..

Thanks again for help,Pat