CAN issues or Dash2 Issues?

jura11

CAN issues or Dash2 Issues?

Post by jura11 »

Hi guys

Finally our Dash2 is working,after swapping the S6 for CANbus S6Pnp,we can stream some function like Boost,RPM,CAL position switch,AFR,Water temp,speed is hard wired via RT speed sensor to the DASH2,Some other function we will stream later on when we plug the other sensors(thanks to TimH@JT Innovations) such as Oil temp,Oil pressure,Air temp plus Fuel pressure and we would like to stream too EGT.

Now about the issues with CAN,how to say,we have small problem on side of the AFR(Lambda),which sometimes lock up on the 14.5(usually after few miles and sometimes will work again,but sometimes stay there for while),when i'm looking at logs and AEM Uego everything working on this side,but doesn't work on the DASH2.

I'm not sure if its problem on side of the Syvecs Custom CAN or DASH2,from several reading seems there is problem with refresh/update rate,can someone will point me in right direction where is or what needs to be changed :oops: ?

Thanks for any help guys

Jura
TimH
JT Innovations

Re: CAN issues or Dash2 Issues?

Post by TimH »

I've not seen aby problems with the Syvecs streaming CAN data - it either does or it doesn't.

I wonder if the DASH is getting overwhelmed by CAN data?

The default CAN datastream setup has lambda data sent 10 times a second which is fine but some parameters are sent 50 times a second. The frame previous to the (default) frame that has lambda in it is sent at 50 Hz and doesn't contain anything of interest, likewise the frame before that.

I would take a look at the CAN datastream content and frame rates, and only send out what you actually need, at a realistic update rate for the dash and see if that works.

You need to set any parameter in a frame that you don't want to "SPARE" - and/or you can set the frame rate of any entire frame you don't want to UNUSED.
jura11

Post by jura11 »

TimH wrote:I've not seen aby problems with the Syvecs streaming CAN data - it either does or it doesn't.

I wonder if the DASH is getting overwhelmed by CAN data?

The default CAN datastream setup has lambda data sent 10 times a second which is fine but some parameters are sent 50 times a second. The frame previous to the (default) frame that has lambda in it is sent at 50 Hz and doesn't contain anything of interest, likewise the frame before that.

I would take a look at the CAN datastream content and frame rates, and only send out what you actually need, at a realistic update rate for the dash and see if that works.

You need to set any parameter in a frame that you don't want to "SPARE" - and/or you can set the frame rate of any entire frame you don't want to UNUSED.

Hi Tim

Think this can be issue on DASH2 which is getting overwhelmed by CAN data,but still don't understand why making something which have full CAN support,but at reality is pretty limited

I will send you our CAL,please can you have look on this?

Thanks,Jura
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

Have emailed you a CAL as requested :)
jura11

Post by jura11 »

TimH wrote:Have emailed you a CAL as requested :)

Thanks Tim

I've looked on everything and seems we have same problem again with AFR,everything working few miles and after that just locks up on the 14.5,after we are turn the engine on/off working again for few minutes.

This is very similar to this

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=209&p=941

Second question is about the sensor failure criteria and what must be values for this(Lambda 1)?

Thanks,Jura
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

If the lambda was faulty, Syvecs would default the value to 1.25 (AFR approx 18) so it doesn't look like the Syvecs is seeing a faulty sensor; but it might be worth having a look at logs to see what lambda is being measured by Syvecs when the DASH is reading 14.5.

If the Syvecs is logging correct values, but the DASH is reading wrong, then sounds like it's a DASH problem. I've not seen any issues with lambda readings via Toucan, ever.
jura11

Post by jura11 »

TimH wrote:If the lambda was faulty, Syvecs would default the value to 1.25 (AFR approx 18) so it doesn't look like the Syvecs is seeing a faulty sensor; but it might be worth having a look at logs to see what lambda is being measured by Syvecs when the DASH is reading 14.5.

If the Syvecs is logging correct values, but the DASH is reading wrong, then sounds like it's a DASH problem. I've not seen any issues with lambda readings via Toucan, ever.

No Lambda sensor is OK and working well and values are around the 0.9xx,yes Syvecs is logging correct values and seems is DASH problem,for me is too weird and strange.

Agree is strange,give another try next week when car will be home from bodyshop :roll:

Jura
pavlo
Zen Performance

Post by pavlo »

The default value for the lambda is whatever you set it to, it's not necessarily lambda 1.25.
TimH
JT Innovations

Post by TimH »

pavlo wrote:The default value for the lambda is whatever you set it to, it's not necessarily lambda 1.25.
Indeed - but it is 1.25 in Jura's CAL :)
jura11

Post by jura11 »

Everything solved with 100hz AFR for RT CAN-ECU adapter,now everything solved

Jura